About Me

My photo
Animation, Animals, Comics, Cartoons, Scripts, Screenplays, Musicals, Children's Books, Music, and more!!!!!!....... My dog is big....REAL BIG.

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Sophie: 18 Weeks

Sophie is 23 inches at the shoulder.

She is truly a magnificent animal. She is growing much too fast.

We got her rabies shot and her other vaccinations. She did very well. You wouldn't have known she had 2 shots. In fact, she didn't even flinch at the vets office when he poked her. She just stood and wagged her tail and was all happy. The vet said that he was glad he didn't make her mad, because she is such a big puppy.

I am starting to consider getting her fixed...not that I want her to be fixed, but in so many ways, it just makes sense. I will chew on this idea for awhile.
I have thought about the good and the frustrating lately with owning an anatolian shepherd. I thought that I would list a few thoughts.....

What I like so far about my anatolian shepherd.....
- she's adorable
- she's beautiful
- she's fun/ playful
- she is tolerant
- she likes people
- she likes other dogs
- she goes poopie at the edge of the yard
- she is alert and on gaurd (getting more so by the day)
- she makes us laugh alot
- she never runs off

- she really has a good temperment...
- she never barks

What I "DON'T" like so far about my anatolian shepherd.....
- she sheds more than I thought she would
- big paws/ sharp claws hurt (even when she doesn't mean to)

- large poopie piles (at least 2 a day)
- nipping
- stubborn as a mule
- if she jumps up, someone usually gets hurt
- pee leaves yellow spots on the lawn
- has been known to whine

I am sure there are more things we love....and I am sure that the rough spots will get better.
Overall, we are very happy.

I hope she is too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you are really enjoying her. I had to laugh at the things you don't like so far. Stubborness get used to! Big poop get used to! As far as the jumping up...mine have taken me out a few times! (Especially my Raven)I remember when she was 6 months old she came running at me one night when I got home from work. She leaped and I went down. Luckily I landed on my bed. There have been other times she's taken me for a trip through the yard on the leash. Normally she's really good on lead but there has been a few times she saw a rabbit and charged and I had no choice but to hold on for dear life. LOL. They are great dogs though. Their temperaments are wonderful and I know you have a good girl since they are half siblings to yours. Keep up the good work. I can't wait to see more pics of her growing and hear more stories.