About Me

My photo
Animation, Animals, Comics, Cartoons, Scripts, Screenplays, Musicals, Children's Books, Music, and more!!!!!!....... My dog is big....REAL BIG.

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Sophie: 20 Weeks

Sophie is over 25 inches at the shoulder. I can see the power and mobility in her frame that is truly amazing. She doesn't have any canines at the moment. (baby teeth fell out) I'm not looking forward to bigger and sharper teeth in her mouth.

We had so much fun last night in the field across the street. She loves chasing the ropeball tied to the end of my 15 foot leash. She is so agile, focused and determined as she chases that ball. I am amazed at some of the stunts she performs or her smarts in outwitting me to get that ball. I mostly love that when she is off the leash, she never runs off. She is always near us. I love that about her. She is one awesome dog.

We gave her a bath the other day. It is so weird to think that she once fit in our big round orange plastuc tub. Now she can barely fit. She just sits down in the water (must be warm) and we wash her with shampoo. My girls make sure she gets conditioner too. (is that going too far?) After all is said and done....Sophie is squeeky clean....to me, she smells like a wet dog.

I feed her twice a day. 3 cups in the morning and 3 cups at night. I hope 6 cups is enough for a dog her size. Sometimes she seems hungry.

Since Sophie is mostly an indoor doggie, I've thought about posting our daily schedule/ routine so I can compare it to other anatolian owners. It seems that there is alot we could learn from each other. Maybe I will do that later.

No comments: