About Me

My photo
Animation, Animals, Comics, Cartoons, Scripts, Screenplays, Musicals, Children's Books, Music, and more!!!!!!....... My dog is big....REAL BIG.

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Sophie: 21 Weeks

Man, It didn't take long, but ALL of Sophie's canines are in. It only took matter of days. I can't believe it. Now those are some sharp teeth!!!

She is now 26 inches at the shoulder. She is a large dog. I would bet she is 70 pounds or more.

I took her over to meet some neighbors dogs last night. (both are rescued golden retrievers) One of the dogs attacked Sophie. I don't think Sophie understood what was going on, because as soon as one of the dogs jumped through the fence and jumped on top of her, I grabbed it by the neck with one arm (I am a pretty strong dude and wasn't sure how to manage both dogs)....and let go of Sophie. I held the dog by the collar while it barked like crazy and tried to bite me. Sophie just sat there wagging her tail. I told my daughter to grab her leash and hold her til I could get the golden mange back behind the fence. Sophie didn't even bark. She seemed excited to see another dog.
Wierd.
I'm just glad no one got bit or mangled. If I had to, I could have handled the retriever myself....but if Sophie would have decided to attack....it would have been a disaster.
I'm glad she has a good disposition.

Whew........

No comments: