About Me

My photo
Animation, Animals, Comics, Cartoons, Scripts, Screenplays, Musicals, Children's Books, Music, and more!!!!!!....... My dog is big....REAL BIG.

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Sophie: 28 Weeks

Well, I have a lot to report on Sophie......

First, about a few weeks ago, I noticed a small dry patch on Sophie's snout. I looked up stuff on the internet and couldn't find any info to help me identify a problem. I put some anti-bacterial cream on it...which seemed to help a little bit....but its still there and seems to be getting a little bigger.

Second, this week, I noticed a small bump on Sophie's left bum cheek. I wasn't too worried at first, but now it has gotten bigger (the size of a grape) and it bleeds. I'm not sure what it is and I can't seem to find info on the web to help. It makes me wanna puke.

Third, speaking of puke, Sophie vomited the other night. I noticed two 3-inch worms in her vomit. It reminded me of the movie, Alien. I guess they are roundworms? I saved them in a baggie and took them to the vet. He gave us some medication. I gave her the first round of medication. (a syringe full of a yellow liquid) I gave her 4 cc's a day over a 3 day period. I will repeat this in 10 days.

I am wondering if all these things happening are related to the worms? I don't know.

And finally, for the last 2 nights Sophie has been whining in her kennel. We do our usual routine where she goes outside at approx 8:30 for 20 minutes to do her potty thing. I bring her in, put her in her kennel by 9pm and say goodnight. I will let her out again at 6:15 am. This has been our routine for the past 6 months...and hardly ever a whine.
For the past 2 nights she whines like crazy as soon as I put her in her crate. She eventually settles down. At 4am on both mornings she wakes up whining and I find that she has peed in her kennel. Yeah, go figure.

I have no idea why she is doing this now. Is it the worm medication? I can't think of any other screwy issue (besides daylight savings) that might be affecting her. Diet is the same, routine is the same.....hmmmmm....... I am at a loss here.

I guess that I will have to call a vet and make another apt.

ughh....hopefully she will let us sleep tonight.

No comments: