About Me

My photo
Animation, Animals, Comics, Cartoons, Scripts, Screenplays, Musicals, Children's Books, Music, and more!!!!!!....... My dog is big....REAL BIG.

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Daily Schedule

For the most part, this is our daily dog schedule. Sometimes it varies.
It seems to work, and we rarely have potty accidents if we stay on schedule.
6am - open crate/ feed 3 cups of dry puppy chow / take out on choker for potty break (she will usually go #1 and #2) She watches me feed our birds.
6:30 am - 8:am - she hangs out with the family.
8:am - 11:am or so - Go to outside kennel. ( 6 feet high, 12 feet wide, 24 feet long)
Noon-ish - she comes into the house (sometimes she goes into her kennel if there are errands to run for an hour or two.)
3:00pm : - potty break/ then hang out with the family.
5:30 - 6:00pm - Feed her 3 cups / potty break / hang out.
7:30 - 8:pm - We take her to the field across the street and let her run around. I take her 15 foot leash, take off the choker, and clip a rope tied to a small checkered ball on the end. She will chase that thing like it was a rabbit. We have alot of fun. This is usually no more than 30 minutes because Sophie tires out. One thing I love about Sophie is that she never runs from us (as have my other dogs in the past). She always stays close around.
9:pm - I take her out for her last potty break of the night (usually #1 and #2). She goes into her crate and knows it it bedtime. I have seen her go to her crate on her own by 9pm if I am behind schedule...so I am sure she understands the routine.

Any advice? input?
Feedback welcomed!

No comments: