About Me

My photo
Animation, Animals, Comics, Cartoons, Scripts, Screenplays, Musicals, Children's Books, Music, and more!!!!!!....... My dog is big....REAL BIG.

Monday, October 20, 2008

Sophie: 26 weeks

Sophie is so awesome. She measures at almost 28 inches at the shoulder. Her hiney is even higher at 29 inches.

Last night I took her outside for a potty break. It was about 9pm, so it was pretty dark. I'm not sure what, or who was outside in the shadows, but Sophie suddenly switched on her full alert system and began sniffing out whoever/whatever was out in the darkness. She is so fearless. It was awesome. I felt like I was in safe company and sure appreciated having her in our home.

Sophie got another bath this weekend. I bought a huge 70 gallon poly water trough from IFA (intermountain farmers association) and it cost me about $65.00. I will use it to store hay/straw, use as a dog bathtub, and use it as a place to keep baby chicks when they hatch. It has so many uses.

I also bought one of those horshoe type brushes. It looks like a bent piece of steel bent in a semi circle with a handle. One side of the steel has jagged teeth to grasp hair. This brush works great! So much better than my other crappy brush that just combs the hair rather than seperate sand grabs ahold of the loose hair.

I introduced Sophie to one of my chicken victims. (one of my nastiest egg eaters is doomed to be Sophie's test candidate) Basically, I have decided that Sophie isn't ready to co-exist along side chickens yet. She likes to chase and nip at them too much. So, I put my chicken in a cage along side Sophie's kennel to get them more accustomed to each other. Then in a week or two I will try again. I did read that anatolians should be a year old before they take on chickens....not sure if thats true or not ....I will have to do more research.

see ya,

No comments: