About Me

My photo
Animation, Animals, Comics, Cartoons, Scripts, Screenplays, Musicals, Children's Books, Music, and more!!!!!!....... My dog is big....REAL BIG.

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Sophie: 24 and 25 weeks

These weeks are flying fast.
I 'm not too good at keeping this blog updated, am I?
So, now Sophie-licious is now 25 weeks. It seems like a week ago when I picked her up from the airport. She has come a loooong way since then.

She is 27 inches at the shoulder. I am starting to wonder how big she will get. In some ways, I am expecting her to be done growing height-wise. I see her filling out a little...don't get me wrong, she is still lanky and skinny, but I see more muscle mass and she is bulkier in some areas.

Today my wife gave her a much needed bath. The big plastic orange tote/thingy we use won't hold her anymore so my wife decided to bathe her in our outside atrium inside a wheelbarrow. It was 40 degrees all day with some snow flurries, but inside the atrium it is much warmer...especially when the wheelbarrow was filled with nice warm water. Anyway, Sophie was smelling pretty bad...not to mention she is shedding like a bigfoot in the desert so my wife decided to tackle the issue. (much to my delight since I was finishing up yardwork before winter really kicks in.)

My wife looked online for some scent recipes for a really stinky dog and found that if you wash in vinegar and soap, (we used hand soap in equal parts) it would work good.....soooooo, after my wife was done, Sophie came out smelling like a champ, not to mention her coat was so dang soft and shiny. I couldn't believe it....It was a night and day difference. Before, her coat was feeling hard and course (I haven't been the best at keeping up on brushing cause my brush really sucks).....but now,...ooooohhhh so- oh- ophie!!! She looks so much better, shinier, and although she has a hint of vinegar smell...it is so much better. I guess I owe my wife big time.....

I am using a dremel on her nails. I like it better because I get so nervous clipping when she is so wrigley. I am afraid I will snip too close to the tender part. I also use the dremel to file down my chickens beaks. The younger ones keep eating all our eggs, so we square them off at the tips so they aren't so sharp which makes it harder to crack open eggs. You almost can't even tell unless you are up close. Hopefully those little buggers will stop. I guess we shall see.

see ya.....

No comments: