About Me

My photo
Animation, Animals, Comics, Cartoons, Scripts, Screenplays, Musicals, Children's Books, Music, and more!!!!!!....... My dog is big....REAL BIG.

Monday, June 23, 2008

SO- OH! - PHIE

Sophie was a handful this weekend.

It's mostly my fault. We had some family obligations so she was kept in her kennel an hour or two more than usual on Friday and Saturday. She definately had some pent up energy. She ran around the yard and played alot. It was the most active I have seen her since we got her.

She is still nipping. We are still trying to curb it. Yesterday as we were leaving for church, her teeth caught hold of my daughter and wife's dress as we were walking out and tore a small hole. They were not happy about that.
After I scolded here for nipping at the kids, she got mad at me when I put her in her kennel.
I kept thinking, "When she gets twice the size she is now and gets mad at me....boy, am I in trouble." hmmm........ This is definately getting old.

Sophie had 3 accidents on our kitchen floor this weekend. I'm not sure how that happened since we took her out for a minimum of15 minutes "to do her thang" before each accident. (she DID go too) We were also in the very room during each occurance.

She isn't liking her leash very much. When I try to walk her, she usually plops down, or just stands there like a stubborn mule. I gently pursuade her, and after a few minutes of coaxing, she will walk with me. But she wants to be in charge of where she is going.

I am going to have to boost the "treat intake". Maybe she will bend over backwards for me once she gets the flavor of bacon on her tastebuds. She is definately the hardest dog to train that I have ever experienced...I knew it was going to be a challenge.........however, she is still young.... there is still time....

I just need more patience........

No comments: