About Me

My photo
Animation, Animals, Comics, Cartoons, Scripts, Screenplays, Musicals, Children's Books, Music, and more!!!!!!....... My dog is big....REAL BIG.

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Sophie: 9 1/2 weeks

Sophie is changing alot. Not only is our favorite anatolian shepherd growing fast, she is also learning to adjust to our home.

She is nearly too big for her "mini crate". Its a medium sized pet port. I already have her giant crate waiting for her to move in when she is ready.

Sophie is understanding the word, "no". She also knows her name. She is getting a little better on her nipping...but we still got a ways to go. We play a fun game I learned about in a book. One of us will hide with a treat in hand and call, "Sophie, where are you?" She follows our voice/ scent and finds us. Then we give her the treat. She likes the game, and of course, loves the treats. (we use small cubes of cheese, small pieces of bacon, or small chicken chunks.)
This will hopefully teach her that when we call, "Sophie, where are you?", that she will always come running.

Although we have a large yard (nearly an acre), I am going to install a 20 foot kennel. I need to know that Sophie is secure when she is outside. (not only for my sanity, but for her protection, and others too! ). She will be an inside and outside dog throughout the day.

No comments: