About Me

My photo
Animation, Animals, Comics, Cartoons, Scripts, Screenplays, Musicals, Children's Books, Music, and more!!!!!!....... My dog is big....REAL BIG.

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Sophie: 13 Weeks

Sophie is now 13 weeks. She stands 20 inches at the shoulder. She is still very soft, but she is losing her soft puppy fur along her spine and growing in a more course hair. We are really trying to work with her during these 16 weeks with dog socialization, livestock socialization and human socialization. She is coming along pretty well.

Some of our obstacles......digging, nipping, and being plain stubborn.

Some of the highlights..... she is beautiful, we can play with her/ pull her ears/ play pattycake/ etc and she allows us, nearly 100% potty trained without a whole lot of effort, friendly with everyone, smart, gentle, playful, and more....

The other night I came home from a date and noticed that Sophie was in her outside kennel. I decided to bring her in. As we walked in my kitchen, I was startled to see a large plastic tote with a guinea pig staring up at me. (my kids offered to babysit a neighbors guinea pig)
I was startled because I had no idea where this rodent came from, then was startled because Sophie came over and I thought she was going to kill it.

Nope.

Sophie walked over, sniffed it, and sat down.

cool huh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey there! I ran across your blog because I saw the link to my website. My dogs are all from Clear Creek too. I have 4 from there and 3 of them are sired by Rambo. He's a wonderful boy. If you ever want to talk, feel free to contact me. I haven't had a chance to look over your entire blog but it looks like a good one. If this is your first ASD, you may be interested in joining the Anatolian-L. It's a discussion list with lots of people in the breed to share stories, help with any problems, health tips, training, ect. It's a good place to meet others that share a love for this wonderful breed. I saved your blog in my favorites. You should be happy with your adorable big baby girl. You have a good, sweet girl there if she's anything like mine.